Saturday, February 4, 2012

AFRICA!

It would be silly of me to say I have always had Africa on my heart. It actually started about 2 years ago when I met an awesome man of God. Him and his family were missionaries in Namibia, Africa and he came back to the US to study for his medical degree. That's when Africa was planted on my heart. Since then it's grown and I've come to long for it in a way that is indescribable. About a year ago, I met Stephen's amazing family, and well that just confirmed my longing to go and meet the amazing people of Africa. Also about a year ago, I met a good friend, who also has a heart for Africa and we can spend hours talking about it. I've come to the conclusion that I want to go sometime after I graduate, but of course, as we all know Africa costs money! Who knew right? Yeah, getting myself to Africa might just be too long of a walk/swim for me.. but I know my Lord is faithful and giving. If this is His will for my life, I will find myself, one day, walking the dirt roads of Africa. I've recently found a couple of Christian organizations that work in Africa. I know I definitely want to work with children while I am there and I've been blessed with reading about these organizations.
ByProvisionSafe World, and Saving Grace in Uganda

Wow, if you click any of those, you just feel moved..




"How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?
 And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent?"

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."
 -Romans 10:14-15, 17

 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment