Thursday, February 16, 2012

Being sick sucks.

So this past week hasn't been the greatest. I got sick on Tuesday and have been feeling terrible ever since, went to the doctor's today and she told me I have an ear infection and the old run of the mill flu. Woohoo. So my bed has become my best friend and my dog my cuddle buddy (not complaining), but the worst part is having to miss school (woah what..) Okay missing school isn't that bad, but the school work and classes I miss? Yeah that's bad. So instead I get to sit on here and do make up work. Oh heck yeah! Prayers are welcome my sweet internet friends. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I don't know if ya'll know but it's Fashion Week in NYC! So that means all those classy people wearing their classy clothes and posing for them classy pictures, oh yea! One of my favorite blogs (The Sartorialist) You've heard of them right? Yeah I bet you have. Well he and his awesome team go to all the shows and take amazing pictures.. (thumbs up for fashion inspiration, right?!) well anyway check out these classy looking people:

Oh yeah for classy people!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verse for your thoughts:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2


Boom shaka laka laka! Wow, don't conform to the patterns of this world. So hard to do right? Oh man, especially when everyone around you is really worldly and isn't 100% for the Lord..You know? It's so easy to get wrapped up in this world that we are living in.. The all time "coolness" right now is sleeping around, drinking, doing drugs, cursing.. Man, what happened to the world we are living in? Sin happened I suppose. You know, I've found it really hard to stay grounded in your faith..especially when you go to a worldly school and have worldly friends..that's where this verse comes to my mind: 

                                                  Yet I am always with you; 
                                              you hold me by my right hand. 
                                              You guide me with your counsel, 
                                               and afterward you will take me into glory. 
                                                           Psalm 73:23, 24


Oh yeah! Who knew right? My God is always with me, not sometimes..but always. So next time you face yourself with some hard times and you just need someone to hold your hand and walk you through it..think of this verse. Because it's right, Our God is always with us. 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment