Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nostalgia.

What does that word mean exactly?

Urban Dictionary's definition:


An endless cycle of longing for the past.

Google's definition:

Noun:
A sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
The evocation of these feelings or tendencies, esp. in commercialized form.
Synonyms:
homesickness

Okay, well clearly it means you are missing something..or someone. Friends, I don't know what to tell you. Things are changing and I usually embrace change, believe me I'm all for it.. but this change I don't know.. It involves cutting someone out of your life that you saw fit perfectly. It's deleting history, pictures, and the memories that come with that. It's a lot harder then I could have imagined.. but then again I didn't ever imagine doing this to begin with...


"You don't have to cut them out completely.. just forget this part of your relationship with them"

I was told that recently..and I wanted to laugh in that person's face. "Forget this part of your relationship with them?" You're kidding, right? That's impossible. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget this person. This person was so special to me.. I guess they still are, it's just different now. There's been broken trust.. broken feelings.. just broken everything. But with experiences I guess also comes learning. 

I don't know friends.. I don't know what to tell you. All I can say is that as of right now I am trying and that is all I can do right now.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment