Sunday, June 8, 2014

sunday morning

This morning I woke up with full intentions of going to church. I woke up got ready and headed that way. Once I got there I saw that the church was actually meeting in homes instead of the church and I proceeded to head to my favorite coffee shop for some quiet time. I get there, ordered a hot aussie, and sat at my favorite table outside of the shop. A man and his girlfriend approached me and asked if they could sit with me, this made me think of my English professor who encouraged us to sit with strangers at quaint places, such as a coffee shop. I told the man he was more than welcome to join me and he did. At first we were both quiet but I then broke the ice by asking if they were visiting the town for the weekend. His girlfriend tells me they are locals and we begin to talk about Flagler. They asked me if I was a student and the man told me he was an alumni. We talked for about half an hour about the town, the school, and the people of St. Augustine. He shared his heart and love for the town and school with me. The man and his girlfriend left, we didn't even exchange names, but the conversation was something so close to me that I don't think I could have had a better Sunday morning. They left and I began my quiet time and I have to say, it was the best Sunday morning I've had in a while.



"Therefore, I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name." // Psalm 18:49

No comments:

Post a Comment