Friday, March 30, 2012

Oh how things change.

As I get older and get closer to life actually starting, I see things that I can fall into easily. Either it's smoking, or drinking, sex, whatever. It is so easy to fall into sin. It's insane. I recently transferred from a private school to a public school and all of these things are at easy access for me. Now it's my choice if I decide to do these things or not but still..it's tempting. Everyone is doing it and loving it, why not me?

"Happy is the man who doesn't give in and do wrong when he is tempted, for afterwards he will get as his reward the crown of life that God has promised those who love him." JAMES  1 VERSE 12 

See when you are getting ready to get yourself into the situation, things don't seem so complicated. Let's go smoke and have fun, sure why not? But we don't think of the consequences our actions could cause. 

"And remember, when someone wants to do wrong it is never God who is tempting him, for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it. Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes." JAMES 1 VERSES 13 & 14 

Sure, "We are young" blah blah blah. YOLO. Whatever. but let's say we just do it once, but then again next week, and week after that, and then it starts to every other day, then every day, and it gets to the point where you. can't. go. a. day. without it. What would that be like? I don't want to know. Your grades could start slipping, your friends could leave,  your parents would nag on you all the time. It just isn't worth it. Because in the long run would you rather have a successful life, or one you wasted in highschool. 
 
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

I've recently lost contact of friends that I never would have thought I would lose contact with. People I've known since the 3rd grade. People I've had sleepovers with, or shared secrets, and jokes. I've lost contact with them either because we now go to different schools or they moved or they are in a different crowd then I am... well anyway the other day I stumbled upon a friends twitter, and I saw that she smokes and does certain things I don't do. I sat at my computer and cried. I don't know what came across me but I just did. She is an awesome person, I don't understand what happened. She was one of the last people I would expect to do this type of thing. I then realized she fell into this habit because of the friends she had.. You know how your mom would always tell you to be careful who you hung out with because it showed who you truly were. Well..yeah it's true. Well anyway I guess that was the reason I felt so strongly to write this blog post. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment